My Voice

Think of a good friend. Write down three qualities that describe them. 

PAIR WORK

How similar is your friend's personality to yours?

What drew you to each other? What keeps you together?

Take this personality quiz. Then compare answers with a partner.



In pairs check your results. Do you agree? Why? Why not?



Look at the infographic. Which quadrant describes you most according to the results?


Watch the video. 


OWN IT!
How can you communicate effectively with different types? Guess before you read on.
  • When adapting to D, be confident direct and concise; focus on the task at hand; provide solutions; remain objective
  • when adapting to I, be friendly; use humour; focus on building rapport; and commonalities,; relate personal anecdotes; show appreciation for their ideas
  • when adapting to S, be warm, sincere and empathetic; show interest and concern for them; be patient even when they are slow to embrace change
  • when adapting to C, be logical and systematic; pay attention to details; use facts and evidence; be diplomatic. 
EXPRESSIONS
being direct and concise 
The point I'm trying to make is...
I hope you don't mind me being direct.

building rapport
I find your work/ideas on (the topic) fascinating! 
It's interesting that we both (know/like)...

showing interest and concern 
I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on this.
You seem a little upset/preoccupied. Is something bothering you?

using facts and evidence
Scientific research has proven that...
I'm not making this up. I read in ... that ....

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Informal and Formal English

First encounters

CRYPTOCURRENCIES