Interviewing

How many interviews have you attended during your working life? Before attending an interview, it's worth... 


ATTITUDES
Prepare a talk of 3 min on one of the topics below about your working life. 
Use infinitives and gerunds to express yourself 

1. When I retire, I plan... 
2 I think I'm quite good at ... 
4. My job involves... 
5. When speaking English, I often have difficulty... 
6. At work, I feel satisfied if I manage... 
7. For my summer holiday this year I am considering... 
8. If I was offered more money, I would be willing... 
9. The most challenging thing about starting a new job is getting used to... 
10. I get annoyed with colleagues if they fail...

LANGUAGE
What questions would you ask the owner company spokesperson were you a journalist?


Look at these indirect and tag questions
Could you tell me how this happened?
This isn't the first time this particular ship has had an accident, is it?
And would you say everything possible has been done to limit the damage?
Do you think this kind of accident is acceptable?
It's a PR disaster for your company, isn't it?

I'd be interested to know...     Do you know if/who.....     (other expressions you can use?)


SPEAKING




Work with a partner. 
Each choose one of the following jobs to be interviewed for. Prepare five indirect questions each and then take it in turns to adopt the role of interviewer and interviewee. Try to put your interviewee 'on the spot. 

web designer / firefighter /restaurant manager /fundraiser for local sports club /trainee investment advisor









Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Informal and Formal English

First encounters

CRYPTOCURRENCIES